Old 10-03-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Horatio48
South Asian

One week done. The withdrawal symptoms are more or less gone completely. That's how long it takes these days. Not missing liquor or craving it. This year I have hardly ever had a drink at home. My danger zone will be when I travel next weekend. So how can I make sure I do not drink when I am away from home - booze available on the plane and minibar in the hotel room? One option is to take an Antabuse tablet before the trip. I was prescribed this last year but never took them. I was not convinced I could stay sober. The other option I suppose is to plan not to drink by making a schedule for the trip: (a) work/meetings, (b) gym, (c) go to a sports event etc. If I feel I am about to give in, to come back and post and stop myself. None of this has worked in the past when I get lost in the moment and am kind of on auto-pilot. Which is why I am considering the tablet.

Anyhow. 1 week sober. I hope everyone in the class of October is doing well. I used to think I would remember October for going to a fabulous beer festival they have in Germany. I dreamt about going and staying drunk for a few days. Maybe I can remember it as the month of the start of something much more meaningful and rewarding. Have a great day all.