View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 09:54 AM
  # 807 (permalink)  
squirrelly77
Little Girl Found

Hey EZ--

Good to hear you're enjoying your job, and thanks for your encouragement.
Chemistry...hmmm...yeah, I guess it's okay. The teacher is really passionate about it, which always makes the class better. I really enjoyed my Anatomy class in High School, but the teacher is so...ugh...dry or something. I can tell he'd rather be somewhere other than teaching an introductory class to a bunch of undergrads--which kinda sux. But, oh well...I just really hope to do much, much better as the year goes by.
It's funny because I was talking to another friend of mine in the program after I posted here yesterday and I told her I had another "ah-ha" moment after taking that Anatomy exam. Yeah...I'm disappointed in myself because I wasn't doing the right thing by studying hard and doing whatever it took to do well...and a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm powerless over my own thinking. As an alcoholic, I'm also a self-sabotager (which I'm sure a lot of people can relate to) because I'm afraid of my own success and happiness...and I will do things that will make my life even harder to manage, as long as I keep stuck in my head. This is where I need my HP to remove any fear I have and to HELP me with the management of my life--because *I* certainly can't. So, I definitely need to start praying more for the power to go to class every day, pay attention, study and do all the necessary things for my dream to materialize. I know that this is ultimately God's plan for me--to become a nurse--and in doing so my own happiness will be a by-product of becomming of maximum service to my fellow human beings.
Oh yeah...a big ''AH-HA"!!!

Love y'all,
Danielle