View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Wholesome

I just find it weird that I can't even talk about how recovery is portrayed in movies and tv which is what my posts were about. It's fiction. It is Hollywood who portrays that which I may not mention in that light and I was pointing it out.

I was busy over the weekend but I was going to come on here and answer Tatsy's question about how to get the word out by saying that this forum is a good platform but then I logged on to find that I'd been censored. Oh the irony!

Anyways, although I find that frustrating, I am grateful for this forum. Without learning about AVRT, here on this sub forum, I would still be drinking and would have ended up putting myself in an early grave. Instead I'm free! My only goal on here is to try to pay what I've been given back, there are a lot of people who don't jive with that which I may not mention and then don't get better because it's the status quo and they don't know about other options and they've been confused by a lot of the cultural messages about recovery.

Maybe it's time for me to take a step back from here though, I have a hard time not speaking my mind and I don't want to end up getting banned or upsetting the mods who really do do a good job on here.