Old 10-01-2017, 11:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
mandosca

Originally Posted by Layali View Post
I'm here!! So um.... I quit alcohol last February, and haven't had a drop for a little over 1 year and 7 months. HOWEVER, recently I've been stressed and went back to abusing other things.... mostly over the counter stuff... I feel so stupid, but it's like I've been taking bits and pieces of everything I can think of that can get me high.... just not alcohol. :/

I'm here to see if I can shake this. I don't want it to turn into something worse... the OTC stuff is pretty dangerous because of so many chemicals and tylenol and other stuff put into it. And of course the slippery slope of wanting to take sips of mouthwash or take cough syrup and so on (and T1's aaaarrrrgh) Sorry - I can't remember if we're not supposed to mention certain substances or not??

Anyway I have to learn to manage my stress without all of this stuff.
Welcome to everyone else joining the October class. October is my favourite month!! I wish everyone well.
just out of curiousity.. when you guys are talking about abusing OTC stuff what do you mean? Like abusing Tylenol? Sleeping pill? Is the purpose to get high? I guess I didn't realize there was otc drugs that did that.. :-).