Old 09-30-2017, 11:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Octsobers!

I am from Class October 2012 and would like to welcome everyone to join this class and SR.

Yes, it's been almost five years for me. And since then October became my favorite month. Colorful leaves, crispy clear air, and, finally, clear head.

I couldn't even imagine that an internet forum, a virtual space, strangers from all over the world would make such a huge impact on my life. That this place would change my life. But it did.

I had never met such compassionate, understanding, intelligent people who cared so much for someone they had never met in their "real" life.

There are many miracles that happen within SR community. Some members even get married, would you believe?

No doubt, sobriety road is not all rainbows and unicorns. And so is the life. Early stage of recovery can be as tough as it gets. And that's where taking it one day, one hour at a time helps a lot.

Sharing struggles and wins of recovery with people who are on the same journey helps immensely.

Sobriety doesn't just mean you stop putting poisonous substance in your body, and that's it. It's opening the door to a totally different world which otherwise was locked and blocked by addiction.

So, join us!

There are long autumn evenings ahead. Let's spend them together!

Good luck on your sober journey and best wishes to you!