View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 12:04 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yeah Purpl, AV loves you to keep your options open....

The way I look at my drinking is that I wasn't in a healthy relationship with alcohol. I couldn't just have one or two. ( or if I had to because of circumstances or to prove I was capable, I was left feeling dissatisfied. The longer I drank, the more one sided the relationship became. Alcohol was the one in charge. It came between me and my other relationships, it controlled my every thought and deed. So I know, in the deepest parts of me that I can not have any further relationship with alcohol. I also know that alcohol wants nothing more than to have me back. So it will tell me what it thinks I want to hear to get me back; it will change, the relationship will be more equal, I'll be able to drink in moderation, I'll be one of the normal, happy people we see on adverts, sophisticatedly sipping spirits. Alcohol lies. I know that any future relationship I might have with alcohol would very quickly become one sided and undo all the positive aspects of my life that I have spent the last four and a half years developing. I would lose my pride, my self respect, my marriage and my ability to be in control of my existence. So when AV tried to tell me 'maybe one day' I told it to get to f¥€#!

StDrag, I took a while to ease back into exercise, I had to adapt to exercises I could do until I was overall stronger. Will have a chair ready for you in the Overs in 20 days!