View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
davesnothere

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
LOL, sleep is quite elusive in the first few weeks, dave. It's just part of the healing process. A little discomfort, is all.

I had trouble sleeping and I would get out of bed, make a snack, come on this site and read for half hour or so, then go back to bed. I slept when I could (which wasn't much) in early days. Your body will let you sleep when it absolutely needs to. I drank a lot of calming teas and Sleepytime tea. It's just jumpy/spinny brain and lots of irritability. It gets better with healing time.

Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. It slows everything down. When you are coming off of it, the nervous system is at high activation (not the right words, but I hope you understand) - trying to reach homeostasis again. Sleep will return.

Exercise and good nutrition helped me a lot in that first month. It's just you will be in recovery from a serious illness, and you have to kind of be gentle to yourself.

I'll start...((hug))
I understand, not even going to try to sleep tonight. Tomorrow is Saturday I don't have to work. Maybe I can sleep then.