View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
davesnothere

Originally Posted by soberandhonest View Post
Come home late. Don't answer your door. Spill something really smelly in your garage. Tell whoever it is that wants to hang out in your garage that you have a big work deadline and can't this weekend. Spill some paint in your garage. Stay at a hotel tonight. Put a sign on your door that the garage is offlimits. Feign sickness. Have a mold problem. Tell your friends that you are concerned about your relationship with alcohol and need to stop for awhile. Tell your friends that you are taking a 30-day break from booze. Tell your friends that you are taking medication that doesn't allow you to drink.

There are a gazillion options. Choose one. Close the garage party down. Get the help that you need and get it now.

I was exactly where you are now two years ago. I traveled with my two boys and got on an airplane with shaky hands. I could barely hand over the boarding pass to the gate agent and my kids noticed and commented. I was embarrassed and ashamed. But, trust me, there are worse things that can happen. Like death. I got help. You can too, but you have to seek it. Make a plan. Don't let alcoholism define you. You're better than that. And, for goodness sake, don't let the idea of closing off your garage serve as an impediment to your health.
I just texted my wife that I can't drink tonight.....Got the shakes real bad at the moment can barely hold my phone.