View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 09:50 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Berrybean

At about a year to 18 months sober one of my supposedly best friends confided in me that she and another supposedly 'best' friend had spent the first year of my sobriety trying to sabotage it (for my own good apparently - hmmm). This was something I had suspected that they were trying to do subconsciously. Knowing that they actually spent time talking about it and planning it on a very conscious level has of course made me reassess my relationship with them.

Just saying. Take care. Often our 'friends' idea of our best interests is very misguided, and trusting anyone else to guard your sobriety is not a good idea. WE have to guard it. It is the foundation that our future happiness is built upon.

For a close friend their choice of activity just seems a little suspect if they know of your alcoholism / decision to stop drinking. But that could well be me coming from a place of bad-experience.

I would suggest having a watertight exit plan in place for this event if you decide to carry through with going.

Wishing you all the best for your recovery and continued sobriety.

BB