View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 03:17 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
gleefan

Stargazer - Playing Pokémon Go is so much easier than raising orchids! My expectations of myself have shifted in recovery. I don't feel like I have to be so productive all of the time. Which as I think about it is probably very healthy, due to the fact that I am not shutting off (and being unproductive for large periods of time) by getting wasted.

Courage - Very cool that meditation is clearing your mind so you can face the world anew each day. I always say I should try it.

At work I can't get out for walks like I used to, and I recently sprained my ankle making walking difficult, so I bought myself an under the desk bike peddler. I have found that peddling at a very easy pace for an hour once or twice a day has drastically improved my energy - to the point where I am looking to exercise a few days a week after work instead of flop on the couch in exhaustion every night. I don't know the science of exercise and what that's happening, but it is. (I've also never exercised at a very easy pace, ever in my life.)

Approaching life at a softer pace in recovery, for the win!