View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 08:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sky90

Ah yes the effect drugs and alcohol have on our minds is the absolute worst! Having a plan is a very very good idea!

thnx!

Originally Posted by Thomas59 View Post
Hi Sky90,
After quite a few attempts 2 years being my longest sober and a 5 months ,3 months and some week long sober this time round I started my latest sober journey on 1st Aug . For me this time I realised that my mind and body can't take it any more especially my mind . I DO NOT WANT TO DIE THIS WAY .
I have a more solid commitment than all of the previous times put together although I have said each of those times " I will never drink again " . This time I have a true acceptance that I CANT DRINK and that I WONT DRINK . Acceptance in a way that I have never had before. I have a KNOWING that alcohol destroys my very soul ,my body and mind . I would never consider drinking bleach mixed with rat poison yet alcohol is for me just as fatal , it would kill me slower or put me in a psychiatric ward .
I have a wonderful wife and family to live for and at age 61 ( today) I WILL NOT waste another day of my precious life through drinking poison . Total Honesty , having a good plan ,education on addictions and of course coming here are tools that I have .