View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nikkabean326

Bachelorette outing to three wineries..

Hey guys - I just hit my five months sober two days ago.

In two weeks I'm going to a bachelorette party with three other ladies and they're choice of outing is going to be a winery trail with three separate locations.

I'll come flat out and say it.. I'm bummed. I know I don't need to drink to have a good time. If anything, these past five months just solidified that fact. I can't tell you how many times I've said something to have a friend's response be, "And you're not even drinking!" Or if I start dancing to a song and they say, "This is you sober!?"

I'm just bummed. I want to partake in the festivities. I want to taste the different flavors and celebrate with the bride-to-be. I must have wrote a text message to my SO a thousand times before giving up and coming here. I'm not sure if I was looking for permission or what..

I don't even want to write here right now. I know, hands down, that every comment will tell me not to drink. I even thought about going to the subreddit for drinking less, but even that isn't unbiased. They'll tell me to enjoy myself, but moderate.

Ugh. I'm frustrated. First time in five months that I've seriously considered having a drink..