View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Fusion

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
It's all good Aleric! I agree with you, I want newcomers to feel welcome here too. This sub-forum is the gem of SR in my opinion and I wish it got more traffic because this is where people can learn to quit their habit once and for all and then get to move on in their lives and get out of recovery.
I too wish there was more traffic. It's not helped, and most probably hindered, by the fact that this 'Secular Connections' is low down the main forum front page. There's an 'Alcoholism Information' section which contains the 'Alcoholism Forum' and 'AA 12 Step Forum' then there's a 'Drug Addiction' section which contains four forums......and finally, Secular underneath.

This placing doesn't just affect folks who might benefit from AVRT, as we did, but also folks who might benefit from Life Ring and SMART Recovery, plus secular AA and other recovery methods.

Perhaps the Secular Forum could be repositioned under 'Alcoholism Information', with a non-AA tag line of some sort. Perhaps that would benefit someone on SR. It was by luck and chance that I eventually ventured down here in the Secular basement, many months after I joined.