View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Greenwood618

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
I don't know Greenwood, I think the dopamine reward system is something none of us can escape from, it's how our brains work. It's where we get our motivation and survival instincts from. If I was forced to live without it I think I would wither away. You say you live without it, but I find that hard to believe, you must have things that you find rewarding and pleasurable in your life. For some people the reward is in the denial of the pleasure, I'm not saying that's you, obviously I don't know you. Even something as basic as eating is pleasurable or being outside on a nice day, ahhhh that sun feels good!
I am afraid I wasn't clear enough and you perhaps misunderstood because of my lack of clarity.

I don't wish to make this an endless AV exercise, as that can go around in circles of rhetorical points, quite tedious.

The question is designed to root out hidden AV.

If the sun would never shine again, would you drink? If fine food were replaced with cabbage soup daily forever, would you drink?

I think I know the answer - but the point remains, no conditions on abstinence are allowed.

And of course, life is meant to lived and enjoyed, not debated and dissected. Like most non-drinkers, I get my pleasures and satisfactions in plenty of ways.

But what I meant was, none of them are phony. I have learned to be happy with dopamine levels that aren't boosted by alcohol.