View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
The finality of never again experiencing the pleasurable side effects of drugs and alcohol is a hard thing to accept.
No separation here, zenchaser.

The finality is a hard thing to accept for whom? For you, or for your Beast?

I still have a sad feeling sometimes when I let myself dwell on it, and yeah most of it is AV but some of it is me too, I had some good times and sometimes I miss it. I don't know how that sits with AVRT, I feel like I'm making some kind of a betrayal by saying that out loud.
It's not a betrayal, in the sense you probably mean it, whereby people 'in recovery' sometimes don't like to admit that they have a desire to drink, since others with lots of 'sober time' often like to brag about how they now have 'no desire' to drink anymore, as if that were the holy grail of recovery, or something akin to firewalking.

Through the lens of AVRT, the desire for the absence of desire in order to abstain, is simply a plan to drink in its presence. Remember, also, that the Big Plan is the ultimate betrayal of the Beast. It will certainly feel betrayed, and miss its life-giving precious stuff. The Beast simply cannot do otherwise.

Am I allowed to miss it? Or is that a weak spot in my BP? I would never act on it. Or is that what's meant when Algo says you live comfortably with residual desire, that I can feel that way and just let it be. Like breaking up with a person who was fantastic in bed but mean and abusive outside of the bedroom. You would never go back, but you also never totally forget about the sex.
The key to AVRT is the separation. Beasts have feelings, and those feelings of deprivation are the Addictive Voice itself, because they support the possible future use of alcohol and other drugs. You may simply recognize such feelings as AV, and attribute them to the dependent, quadriplegic Beast.

If you don't drink, then the caged dog barks in vain.