View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Happy Sober Saturday everyone!

Sao, I am so grateful for you starting this thread every week and completely understand that you feel it's time to step down from being the starter. I haven't been here lately partly because I believe I've tipped the recovery scales of balance a bit (in the wrong direction). My entire Sunday is recovery based work. This is not necessarily a bad thing but in consideration, it leaves me one day on the weekend for down time. Spontaneous chances for relaxation where I can do what I choose, which is a true gift once you get past the possibility of making the wrong choice. Well, Saturday is also chores day. Groceries and cleaning. So, I've got to regroup. When the weekends are so full and Monday comes where you feel like you still have your back leg in Friday life might just be a bit too full?

I've also been riding a little wave of self pity from the break in, although that's been hard to admit. I always try to be positive. Still, sometimes you get handed exactly what you need. This morning I read a story in the news of a man who was reunited with his dog that was stolen out of his yard two years ago. I now sit here and count my blessings. If anything happened to my kitties that day. Oh boy, perish the thought. Stuff is just stuff. Sentiment truly lies in the heart and not in tangible objects. No one can steal that.

Anyway, so glad I stopped in and see all the familiar faces and the new ones.

SAH, I read your early posts in this thread and I feel the light surrounding you. Then, later, I see that darkness trying so hard to steal that away from you, Don't let it. Hang on to that light sister, you can do this!

Again, so good to see everyone! Off to get all the chore business out of the way so I can experience whatever joy I choose that the rest of the day brings,