View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 10:35 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
jessicamae
09/26/2015

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Ugh, Jessicamae, my last post didn't read right! I know you're happily sober in AA! All I ask is, if you ever have a Sponsee who's thoroughly worked the Steps a couple of times and still hasn't found secure sobriety, then would you please refer them to other methods?

To balance that, I'll do the same if I find someone struggling with AVRT. The reason I say this, is because I lost years of my life in AA and I wish someone had told me sooner to stop flogging the proverbial dead horse. Hate that saying, as I'm a horse lover, lol. I truly mean you well, Jessicamae and I hope you don't take offence. I know you're OK in AA, but I'm concerned about new people who don't know about different options, when they've tried and failed at one option. I hope that makes sense.
I sure will be open-minded to doing that. All I can do is refer them to google about it as I have. Or maybe to join this site and get in touch with people like you to help explain it. One thing I have learned thus far is to never try to explain something I know nothing about, sometimes I think I know everything haha. I take no offense, this is good stuff for sure.