View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Fusion

Happy Friday to you too Jessicamae, we will be here if you want to ask any questions about AVRT, maybe for a Sponsee.

I used to be an AA member and worked the Steps a couple of times. It's about locus of control, I think. I never quite could wrap my brain cells around the belief that G-d would do for me, what I couldn't. Being raised a Catholic, I was indoctrinated in the belief that G-d gave me free will, certainly with regard to what I pick up and pour down my throat. I guess AVRT resonated with me, based upon my research into the mechanics of addiction and eventual understanding that my locus of control was inside myself (although perhaps G-d given as a creator?).

I am a spiritual person (not organised religion) and hope that there is a greater power than me. But I came to believe that power (if any - but certainly birth-right brain neurologically speaking) had instilled within me a sense of morality and a freedom of choice: and that's what I utilised when I made my Big Plan and learnt Addictive Voice Recognition Technique.

I get a little bristly when people critique AVRT, so I understand that you feel defensive regarding AA. But I don't think that's a character defect, just a natural reaction to defend something that's worked for us; and if you're like me, wanting to spread the word and guide others.

I'm really glad you've found your miracle in AA, as I did in AVRT: there are many paths up the mountain.