View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 01:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
jessicamae
09/26/2015

When I was reading this post I had no idea what AVRT meant, I honestly thought it was another acronym used on social media. I don't do any type of social media so I never know lol. Anyway, I googled it and got to a web page that listed 16-rules maybe? I wouldn't necessarily look at them as suggestions because they seem that whoever came up with this program looks at it pretty factual (just like many recovery based suggestions) I imagine the young man named Dax who says he has gone to a place where addiction is completely cured. Hallelujuah! I always wonder, if they "cure my addiction" can I go tie one off after and not face any problems nor consequences? Who knows, I sure do not want to test it out... Anyway, forgive me I tend to drift off when writing.

So I found this definition of AVRT-AVRT-based recovery is an immediate, uncomplicated, private event, and is not a long, melodramatic process of gradual self-improvement. As such, AVRT® is the crown jewel of addiction recovery.

My whole life has always been melodramatic with no self-improvement. That is not until I found AA. I told myself over and over again that I could beat it, that I am not going to be addicted to drugs and alcohol anymore. Tomorrow I shall be free and things will be different. It never ever worked, ever. A good ole' "whole family done" and six months jail time at least got me to admit I was powerless. POWERLESS- I must tell myself this because I am. Drugs/alcohol (and minor mental problems) will bring me down quicker than a shot to the dome.

In reference to your friend- I tell myself every day that I am an addict. The second I forget is the second I will use. The second I think "I got this, I'm cured! is the second I use. Death is next for me....I don't negotiate my sobriety.

But thank you for the info about the AVRT thing, I always like to hear all the different ways people recover. Congrats on being able to do it this way, I would love not to have to drudge my whole past out, make amends to people I have hurt but it is the only thing that worked for me!