Old 09-21-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
RapidTwitch

Erratic, the anxiety locking/messing with your jaw sounds really scary. I'm sorry that you're having to deal with that.

Checking in on day 12. Yesterday was hard - really, really hard. Not in cravings or anything, but just in sheer physical pain. I made it through work only because I know that I have no sick leave left, and after taking a week off unpaid last week I'm worried both about finances AND about my employer getting pissy about the excessive and unpaid leave. My hips and right ankle were hurting so much that it was hard to walk, and my shoulders and elbows were so bad that I was having trouble using my arms and hands. I ordered a TENS unit - it should arrive this evening. I'm really, really hoping it helps with the pain control. The Gabpentin is still only a little bit effective (as long as it's not just a placebo effect) and I'm still titrating upwards, and will be for at least a couple weeks. I need something that will help with the pain that isn't a narcotic, so trying TENS it is.

Good news is that the mania (I guess technically hypomania, since it only lasted maybe 2 or 3 days) has passed, and I'm feeling more like I'm at my baseline, mood wise. I don't feel depressed, either. (Still hoping to avoid that.) Unfortunately, it seems the hypomania was helping mask the pain I was in, and now that it's gone I have my normal joint pain, full force.

I really wish opiates were effective for chronic pain management. It would make things so much easier. But they're clearly not, most especially not for me.