Thread: Day 3
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NoahJ

I know there is a tradition here of not offering or seeking medical advice. But I can share my own experience. As always, if you are concerned for your health, please see a medical professional. Don't rely on internet advice, unless you see your doctor over the internet.

But, yes, yes, and yes.

I had a variety of ailments in short-term (2-14 days) and post acute (14 + days) withdrawal. These included bloating (i.e. gastritis), muscle weakness (thighs especially), and muscle spasms (everywhere). These can go away quickly, or linger. It really depends on the person's biology and abuse history. I'm at 5+ months, and I still have muscle spasms/weakness/numbness that comes and goes. In my case, I may have fried some nerves, and am working with a doctor.

But all of the symptoms you mentioned can also be signs of other medical conditions. Good for you for getting sober. But getting checked out by a professional, especially if you have had a substance abuse history, is a really good idea. Please save yourself time, worry, and maybe even later problems and go see someone (if you haven't already).