Old 09-19-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
SaturatedSeize

Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
I am totally stuck in my life and can't see a way forward without my dear friend alcohol. I literally can't imagine a good life without it.
Thank you for posting!

This statement is something that has brought me to relapse too many times. Part of me feels this way as well. I'm a very anti-social person and it's very difficult for me to meet new people. Alcohol has always been that resource for me. Go to the bar, get drunk, not care, meet women.

I fear a life alone forever without my best "friend."

But then I think about he recent relationship with a great women that I shattered because of my drinking. Then I think of the mother of my child when we were together, 4 years ago, and how my drinking ruined that relationship. Then the relationship prior to that, and how my drinking ruined it.

Alcohol gives me the confidence I need, but the longevity of anything that matters to me, isn't there. I still struggle with wanting that companionship, especially at night, after work, sitting alone in my house.

The struggle is there and you aren't alone in this sentiment. I'm not 100% convinced I can be happy without alcohol, but I'm closer to believing it today then I was a week ago, and especially a month ago.

I hope your struggle gets easier, post here, it's helped me when I'm in my stretches of sobriety.