View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
PuzzledHeart

What angers me the most is that others view it as a one time event (college buddies and friends all out) and they laugh about it and look at me like I'm being a B****, but what they don't get is that he acts like it pretty often and I'm the one who has to deal with it.
They probably laugh because
1) they don't know how to deal with it
2) they don't WANT to deal with it because they don't know what to do.

My ex-fiance (who was not an addict) cheated on me once that I know of. A week or two after I found out, we were out at a bar with some of his friends. He was acting as if everything was all right, when things were certainly not. I started crying hysterically and started yelling at him to leave me alone. His friends looked at me as if I was crazy, even though they knew what had happened. I felt so humiliated because no one took my side.

I thought it was a reflection on me, when in reality it was a reflection on THEM. I won't go into details, but as a whole they weren't quite stable.

When I think back about that time, what strikes me is that I was so humiliated that I didn't tell any of MY friends what was going on. I was so committed to our relationship that I didn't want to tell the people who were most likely to point out the truth. It is very telling that when my ex-fiance called off the wedding, my best friend and sister started crying tears of happiness.

I'm so sorry that you're in this. I do hope you contact a DV center as soon as you can.