View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RapidTwitch

MindfulMan, thank you very much for the reply. My medical team is definitely fully involved in my recovery process and aware of everything I was and am taking (including all vitamins and supplements), and will continue to be. I think that keeping them informed is really important, especially since NOT doing that - trying to just continue on and ignore the reduction in effectiveness of my pain medication, and then deal with it myself, even though I KNEW that it was a clear warning sign that I had developed a tolerance, and probably a dependence - is what got me into this situation in the first place.

I did get the distinct impression that my medical team was Not Happy that I had decided to cold turkey off of the medications on a Friday, without tapering or telling them, when they weren't open again until Monday. There was a lot of, "Well, you're like three days in at this point, so I guess we'll just have to manage the withdrawal as best we can. I'm really glad you didn't have any seizures," talk, but it was mixed in with, "I'm glad you noticed something was wrong, and decided to address it, because we had no idea," talk, so I think there's kind of a mix there.

I've got an appointment with Behavioral Health in just over a week, and am looking forward to it. I'm dreading seeing my Primary Care Provider, though, as she was the one prescribing the Tramadol, and I'm pretty embarrassed on that front. But it's okay.