Old 09-15-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
sky90

Thank you. I am glad I reached out here on SR. My mind was telling me not to reach out here because everyone on SR is tired of my pathetic attempts at having a stable sober life. But I posted anyway and made it through another day bc of all the hope. I am glad the post and comments helped you out too. As far as depression goes yes it is extremely tricky. When it comes to addiction and depression our biggest enemy is our selves! That's what makes it so scary. Look at Chester Bennington's death, he was lead singer of one of the greatest bands he had support from his wife and a fan base that would always be there and yet depression and his issues with addiction got to him because sometimes it does just get too much and enough is enough...But I am here today holding on because well of SR, my few loved ones, and God. However, I know the next few days/months are going to be extremely tricky so I will keep my internet and keep posting on here because it really is better than completely isolating myself.

Originally Posted by Sunbaby View Post
I can relate to how you feel about "what's the point" since I battle depression from time to time. Anybody that hasn't experienced depression doesn't really understand how it can trick your mind into believing there is no hope and makes you forget positive things. There IS hope and that feeling of despair always passes, every time. PLEASE don't do something permanent in response to a temporary feeling. There is some great advice in this thread! I'm reading it because I relapsed last night, felt your pain, and was hating myself today. I'm here and learning to forgive myself and get help.

I gradually learned to recognize and acknowledge when I'm feeling depressed and tell myself it will pass. It also helps me to talk to some of my family members since they have experienced depression too. We help each other through those temporary times. Having somebody to talk to that has gone through depression and can support you helps. Eleven months is an accomplishment to be proud of. You relapsed... that's ok. We all have. Dust yourself off, don't beat yourself up about it, and keep working at it. You are learning and moving through the process. Reaching out on here was a great decision. You recognized the feeling, realized it will pass, and reached out for help. That's progress. It's ok to hit some bumps. Life is precious and there are a lot of good things to live for. And we are here fighting too and supporting each other. Sometimes I try to imagine what I would tell somebody I love (as if they came to me as me, with my problems). Be kind to you. Xoxo