View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Heelkat

He told the girl he no longer wanted to date her 4 days later. He told me every time they went out she got totally wasted and embarrassed him (Yikes). So, you were right that she also had issues.

We have been trying to communicate and he said he would like to try to work on our marriage, but felt he had trust issues with me since I blew his cover with new girl regarding his issues with substance abuse. He acknowledged that I had a right to have trust issues more than him. He said he had already started the ball rolling and had an appointment at a Suboxone clinic. I agreed to go with him. He said he would change his phone number so people couldn't get in touch with him.

Suboxone appointment 8:30 this morning. I was there. I get a call from him that he overslept so they said he would be too late and had to move it until Monday. He had stopped the pain pills as was required and then admitted he would have to go get some for the weekend. He was absolutely in tears, which never happens, so I knew he regretted it. However, I know this is his responsibility. He now seems extremely distant since just this morning. Am I reading into it? At first I thought it was me. Now I'm wondering if it's not thinking of me or trying to work on our 23 year marriage that is making him distant, but the idea that now he needs to go get enough pills to make it through the weekend and he likely won't be thinking about much else until he gets them.

And yet, I know somewhere deep down that probably none of this matters and making my marriage work is a pipe dream because there aren't really many stories that end with, and they lived happily ever after.