View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bittersweetlove

Overwhelmed with Guilt

It's been 7 months since I left my exboyfriend due to drinking, I moved cities, changed jobs, and have settled well during this time. I'm happy my life is positive. On Labor Day he text me and I responded just basic catching up. Then he started calling and texting at weird hours almost every night. His behavior is erratic at best and he doesn't even attempt to hide his drinking. He sent me a picture of himself and my heart dropped he looks like he dying. He is so thin and looks so sick. He is so much worse than when I last saw him that I don't even know what to think. I know I can't make him better and I know my codepency is coming out in full swings here. I feel guilty about how wonderful and healthy my life is now and his life is exponentially worse. I feel like I'm getting sucked back in. I worry about him not having much longer to live. He said he doesn't eat he just drinks like a fish when he isn't working (not sure how he still has a job)

I know I shouldn't care or I should be thankful I removed myself from that situation.