View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 11:23 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Fantastic you came straight back Pebbles, awesome achievement Sunflowerlife, be strong and face those finances Weev, good luck at hospital Kris, so happy you're safe Yukon, hope wedding planning is going well Venus and Goat and hello everyone.

I've had a great day. I saw a cognitive behavioural therapist today - my first ever experience of therapy and guess what?? I'm not crazy!! I told her everything and I mean everything. I told her about the secret night time drinking and hiding empty bottles and the black outs and the way I think about stuff and she sat there and listened and wrote notes. And when I finally finished talking because sober me loves to talk, I asked her if I was crazy and she said, "no, not at all. You've just got into the habit of black and white thinking and you seem to have developed some unhelpful core beliefs about yourself. We can make a plan and work on it". And she had loads of certificates all over her wall which looked real so she must know what she's talking about and I couldn't be happier.

All those years my AV had me trapped with shame and guilt, telling me I couldn't trust anyone and no one would ever understand. Well guess what AV? You were wrong. Today I looked someone in the eye and told her all my deepest darkest guilty secrets and she didn't flinch. No judgement, no shock. I stripped away even more of your power today AV and in the words of the legend that is Soberleigh - be afraid AV. Be very very afraid.

Congrats to all milestoners and love to everyone. 24 more hours please xxx
Kenton, that sounds fantastic. I love how you are so positive on here, and how much support you offer to others.

Thanks for being you Kenton!!

❤️Delilah