View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by LonelyShadow View Post
The [insert any noun here] was telling me that I drank because of my anxiety and depression, using it as a self-medication. It was very tempting to believe [noun], but I know enough from using AVRT that this simply isn't true. The only reason anyone drinks is to feel the buzz.
This is an important conclusion in AVRT that you have come to understand.

I find it even more accurate to call it a "deep pleasure" instead of "buzz" because it is like orgasmic pleasure, but one that can span many minutes instead of seconds.

Also, a major part of Addictive Voice Recognition Technique is filtering out the Addictive Voice from the society we are immersed within. We have a great example here, for instance, on this very thread focusing on AVRT that has only several posts. You state very clearly your understanding of why you drank, but that reason is so unacceptable to some ways of thinking that it is pretended that you didn't even express that awareness at all and you are then asked to come up with a different reason for drinking. Anything, anything but "deep pleasure".

Once you make your Big Plan, all this AV around you will become less than a nuisance.