Old 09-11-2017, 01:12 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Have y'all ever gotten into an argument with your husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend and been told repeatedly to shut up? I hear it all the time from Jethro! It happened again today! He got so ugly and stared so hard at me, which doesn't bother me, that at one point I started telling him to shut up and asked him how he liked it? (He's never laid a hand on me and wouldn't. Just wanted to put that out there)!

The argument started over diced tomatoes and bologna that he knew we were out of for the kids. He has been working on a vehicle for two days with the owners help in his shop. I sent him a text in the middle of cleaning the kids carriers and making their goody bowls this afternoon to let him know. What was irritating he KNEW we were out of it this morning when he used it up making their morning goody bowls. I went back to cleaning the carriers. He was done with the truck repairs and was just sitting out there BS'ing.

So he comes inside with an attitude! Great! (I've been dealing with this attitude way longer than I wanted to due to some medication he's taking and no it's not the pain meds)! We get into it and I tell him it's stupid knowing something needs to be done in the morning and he puts it off. Well he in turn says: "Now you're calling me stupid?" Wonderful! I wasn't, but since he wants to label himself as such. I said: "Yes!" The argument continues and he starts telling me over and over to shut up! I then ask: "What if I don't shut up?" He then says: "I'm going to tell you to leave!" Oh hell that was the WRONG thing to say to me!

I tell him he's the one leaving not me! I've invested way too much into this place to leave it! He then asks me: "Do you think I'm afraid of you?" I come right back and ask him: "You think I'm afraid of YOU? Think again! I've been beat by men and survived! And it's awful damned funny to think you'll put me out over tomatoes and bologna!" I walked out of the room! Left him to think about how ridiculous he's being!

Well as usual he calms down and everything blows over!

I've told y'all this because there are those out there that need to learn to stand up for themselves! My neighbor is dealing with a drug using, psychotic husband that's putting her thru the ringer. I told her to take someone with her that can stand up to the bully in court or at least give her an elbow when she starts to breakdown. She said: "You're nominated!" Ummmmm NO! LOL But I'd go with her if she really wanted me to!

I've been physically and mentally abused before! I'm never going to allow that again! I'll never be concerned about Jethro laying a hand on me, because he'd never do that! But his anger and mouth get the better of him and he goes off on me. I've told him numerous times this medication he's on is making him a very angry person and he needs to discuss it with his doctor. I get the blah, blah, back! Ugh! He's under a lot of stress right now and his anger level is way up there. So add the medication to that and he's a bomb waiting to explode!

This song brings me peace! I listened to it over and over in my early recovering days when headed to meetings.

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD