View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
patienthope6516

I don't know how to help my husband

My husband has an addiction to pain pills. He has been struggling with this most of his adult life. I've known him for almost 2 years we got married after 6 months. I love him so much and he is such a sweet and caring man. He was getting high to the point of nodding off and it would terrify me I felt like I had to take on the role as his babysitter. I couldn't let him leave the house without me in case I had to stop him from driving. One night a few months ago, my worst nightmare he wasn't answering his phone he was supposed to be picking up pizza and never came home. Luckily he shares his location with me on his phone, so I was able to go look for him. In my heart I was thinking he was dead. To my relief he was in jail for driving while impaired. His judge then ordered him to go to rehab. I thought this was gong to make him better. He is doing better, just not good enough. I haven't seen him actually look high but he still does take a pill here and there which causes him to miss court appointed drug tests. Now I'm pregnant and I'm scared he's going to go away again I don't know why he's not taking this seriously. He's not even getting high I don't understand why it's worth it to take anything. He always says he wants his family more than drugs and he would be dead if I left him, I don't see the proof to back it up! What can I do?