Old 09-10-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Mancini1337

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Generally, the physical part of withdrawals is over in about 5 or 6 days. Usually by Day 7 you would begin to feel better.

You said you talked to people at work about your drinking and they gave you information to help. I would caution you to think seriously before you talk about this at work. Understandably, if you go into rehab, you will need time off work and you will have to tell your employer. But, if you do an Outpatient program you could likely go outside of work hours. The main thing is to stop drinking of course, but if you want/need to keep your job, be careful what you say.
I only told my night shift manager and his support (the higher ups don't know) because they could lose their job for not informing them about it. If anyone else knew I would be canned. I told them that I was drinking because I was obviously not in a condition to work efficiently and he could already smell the booze on me so I just told them that I was drinking and I needed to go home. They didn't write me up or anything thankfully they just told me to not let it happen again and he had his support drive me home and the next day I got violent drunk and arrested. I felt so bad.

I have papers for outpatient but I need to talk to my insurance company and see what will be covered and figure out the costs and all that stuff. I have a thick folder with info and all types of AA meeting hours and whatnot. But Im going to try to go to the one AA meeting I went to before.