Old 09-10-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
hns0685

Originally Posted by Mancini1337 View Post
I have looked at AA meetings, there's a place about 3 minutes away. I went to the AA meeting once. I didn't talk much because I'm quiet but I listened to what everyone had to say and I can say that I relate to a lot of things they dealt with. I will try to go again, but only when I haven't been drinking and just sit and listen and maybe try to share my experiences, but I'm not too good at talking about these kinds of things.
Mancini, just so you know it IS ok to go to an AA meeting after you have drank alcohol- I have done it many times while trying to get sober. "The only requirement for membership is a DESIRE to stop drinking." My recommendation is a rehab facility as detox doesn't give you any tools- they only medically detox you in a safe environment. If I were you I would go to an AA meeting and try your best to share what you are going through (even if you have drank). There will be lots of supportive people there to help you figure out the next step. Wishing and hoping the very best for you... you can do this.