View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
britgirl

Thank you for your reply Dee and in answer to why I would put up with it, I really don't know. I don't have a lot of confidence in myself and was treated pretty badly in my last two relationships, I was also lonely and bored, tired of being alone at night after my kids had gone to bed. The attention was flattering and I truly believed he must of loved me to actively start reducing his methadone after refusing to for years previously. He always had an excuse for his behaviour (it's the pain, I'm feeling so low, I've dropped again and it's killing me etc) and would reassure me that he loved me and that things would be ok. Stupidly I fell for it all.

His comments have destroyed any shred of confidence that I did have, I went from being the best thing that ever happened to him (his words) to someone he was never attracted to in the first place. Before we split he was very close to his sister )my good friend) and would call and text her every day and visit a couple of times a week. Since it happened she's seen nor heard nothing from him, when she finally got hold of him he said it was because he didn't want to see me. Truly don't understand what I've done to be treated like this.