View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TMia

I need some guidence please!

I gave up alcohol 1 1/2 years ago now when I found I was pregnant and have never looked back.
My sons fathers drinks everyday and does not care that the 'everyday all night drinking' effects me.
I'm not the recovery alcoholic that preaches to every drinker about how they should stop. But in our family relationship it has got to a point where alcohol is number one.
I can't sleep in our bed because he sweats alcohol all night the smell is sickening. When he kisses me I might aswell take a sip of beer.
I've been threw the denial and taking no responsibility for my actions I understand when he defends his addiction. But for him to not purely see his baby son is the most beautiful and important thing in this world absolutely sickens me.
I ask him to cut his drinking to 3 nights a week I don't even know if that is the right thing to do? Should I put my foot down and say it's alcohol or your family? Has anyone else been in my position has given up alcohol but still/was in a relationship with a on going alcoholic? Please some insight or experience would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou