Old 09-08-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Tetra

I had a really hard day. On my own all afternoon with 5 phones. They were going non stop. And it is all "I have been on the waiting list for years for my procedure. When will I get a date for surgery?" Then I check to see when I added them to the waiting list and I see it was 3 months ago.

I asked my boss about these type of calls before. He told me "Look, there are cancer patients here who we have trouble getting beds for. These are non essential procedures. Tell them they will be seen in due course and do not let people bully you".

He keeps getting letters from a legal firm about medical records being released. I passed all of these letters onto our Freedom of Information Office. Today I received another letter saying they had recieved no medical records and as the court date has been set, my consultant will have to attend court. I was so mad when I opened this as I have tried to call that law firm about 10 times on different days and I keep getting told "the solicitor handling that case is off today". (S/He is trying to avoid me.) I was so mad that I picked up the letter and went outside to walk around the block for 5 minutes. Then I went to the FOI Office and spoke to the people there. They were able to tell me that they released those records to the law firm back in July. So I had to phone the firm and again "the solicitor was not in today".

The fact is that I gave that chart to my consultant months ago. He put it back on my desk with a post it written "patient not seen by me since 1990. Any other set of notes?"

No. There are no other notes. This is stupid. My consultant can barely remember who he operated on 2 weeks ago unless I remind him, never mind 27 years. These legal types are really living in a world of their own.

I will hand him the chart and all the letters on Monday and let him write one of his little letters to this person. He will enjoy writing that with all of the big words he uses.

And if I sound annoyed it is because I am.