Old 09-08-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
LBrain

Hi Gilmer, Sao and everyone else. All is well in Brainland. Spending as much time as I can enjoying myself - fly fishing mostly. It's been a wet summer here and unusually cooler than years past. Still gardening and cooking. Went to mostly a flower garden this year. It dipped below 50 here last night, fall is definitely coming. Spent time in the Smokey Mountains hiking - and fishing - this summer and a lot of time under the trees in various places. I couldn't imagine doing the things I have over the past few years had I still been drinking. Life is good sober. Actually, much better.
To all who are new, when 'they' say it gets better, listen to 'them'. After over 3.5 years without a drink, I can attest to the positive changes you will experience. It may take some time to realize it, but looking back to where I was and where I am now, it's like night and day. But it is a gradual change. As long as you stick with it, never fall back, the cumulative changes will compound as time adds up. Every journey begins with that first step. In time you may forget when you took that step, as long as you keep stepping in the right direction. Never give up!