View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 05:50 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I have gone back to drinking a bit. Just wanted to be completely honest. I am very ashamed. I bought a new car today. Won't be able to keep drinking after next pay.
so maybe not having a sponsor yet isnt very good advise,eh? as dee said, age has nothing to do with a good sponsor. IF you were to open your mind a bit and think about what this sponsor said, like i said above, she made very valid points:
- you have a sick mind,and
- youre own thinking got ya drinking again
ya might want to have a sit down with this woman and ask questions- ask her to suggest what to DO.
seriously, you havent even been in AA 2 weeks and already dumping your sponsor. how long ya gonna keep running away from the solution?
sweetiechick, this is how it from my view-
ya need someone thats gonna call ya on your BS. ya know why youre confused? because that sponsor told ya things that are the truth and youre struggling right now to not believe it, yet ya know its the truth- DENIAL.
ya know how i got out of denial? by having a sponsor that called me on my BS- persistently. he didnt tell me what i wanted to he. he told me what i NEEDED to hear.yup, he buggered me up pretty good- i wanted to smack the crap out him often.
because i was still in denial.
but i didnt drink over it. i stewed in my anger,resentment, and self pity for a bit, then eventually got some humility and accepted he was right.
THEN i was able to get into solutions, which he was more than kind and gracious to help me with.
and i know why he did it that way now. something doc silkworth discovered:
"Frothy emotional appeal seldom suffices. The message which can interest and hold these alcoholic people must have depth and weight."

sugarcoat it and baby me and he was gonna bury me.
say it like it is and call a cup a cup- THAT is what i heard.

you can keep running every time you hear something ya dont want to hear, but as you can see, that leads to a drink.

If you have decided you want what we have and are willing to go to ANY length to get it-then you are ready to take certain steps.

At some of these we balked. We thought we could find an easier, softer way. But we could not. With all the earnestness at our command, we beg of you to be fearless and thorough from the very start. Some of us have tried to hold on to our old ideas and the result was nil until we let go absolutely.

If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through.
We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.
That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.
We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away.
Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.
Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.
We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.

justa couple of the promises that happen.

p.s.
getting 'sacked as a nurse" has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not a person is a good sponsor. not only that, NONE of you know what really happened there

p.p.s.
ya want to be peaceful and quiet again- GOOD!
there aint no magic potion, magic peaceful dust, magic pill.
there will be discomfort along the journey.
sittin in the garage all day aint gonna make ya a car.