View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stacy0701

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

I just made an introduction post the other day & I am back! I feel me & my husband are playing what came first the chicken or the egg game. He wants our marriage to be in a good place in order for him to quit drinking & I need to see him making an effort to quit. So he decided last weekend to not drink & did not share anything with me. My husband is a very functioning alcoholic & drinks alone so I noticed he either was not drinking or trying to cut back but was not sure. So when I was not the wife he wanted me to be in his head, it turned into a fight that I was not supporting him. I know this is a good tactic for an alcoholic so I told him if he was being honest about drinking that we could go back to a counselor we saw a few times so he could help us walk through this & help us as we walked through it. He wants to do this all on his own & he does not understand what the last 6 years of his drinking little by little has done to me & I need the help too. I am trying to be supportive & not a complete "b" word but he makes it impossible for he just wants to keep turning this on me to take the heat off of him. I am at a loss on how to make this work?