View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Bunny211

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
My sponsor now wants me to call her as soon as I wake up. She told me yesterday the following:
- that I have a sick mind.
- that I can't trust my own Thinking
- that my brain is the same as someone on heroin
- when I wake up that my first thought is about myself.
- going for walks won't help.
Between that I was told that I will go insane if I give up drinking and don't go to AA. I think she is more insane than me. I feel like she is just projecting her own mind onto me. I'm tired of hearing that certain things don't work. I have done a lot of counseling and know what works or at least helps me not get Drunk. I don't want to leave Aa again but feel like the group I have attended is too cultic. She seems obsessed with AA and her own sponsor. Is this just my AV talking. I can't tell her all this. There's five of them in the group and they tell each other everything. Plus I don't want to insult her.
I had a very negative and mean sponsor early on too. I stayed for 18 months and I wanted to kill myself every day when I was with her. Find someone less negative. You deserve positivity in your life. Not someone constantly telling you what a bad person you are. I am still working to undo the damage of a mean, sick first sponsor. Find someone kind. Fire her.