Old 09-07-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
saoutchik
saoutchik

WEEKENDERS - Running the Weekend Gauntlett 8-10th Sept

This thread is about offering extra support to drugs and/or alcohol abusers at the weekend because the weekend is often the time of the week when our lying AV (Addict or Alcoholic Voice) says that getting wasted is "totally acceptable."

One of the many lies I used to tell myself was that I had a tough week and so would drink this weekend but quit on Monday. Just writing this here is making me smile. It was a lie I told so many times I could have run for office.

The thing is how often on a Monday morning have you ever thought "I'm really glad I spent the last two and a half days wasted, hungover and blacked out?"

Our culture does not make it easy on non-drinkers. At first stepping off that spiral can seem daunting and disorientating, so much extra time for a start but hang in there. The feeling of achievement you get from a sober weekend is something you will never get from a bottle or a pill.

I mentioned our lying AV at the top of this post. Ultimately it wants us dead and unfortunately is all to often successful but it can only do so with our help. This weekend tell it to.......... insert the words you feel are appropriate.