View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
atalose

update....I tried to talk with her yesterday. It didn't get heated or turn into an argument, but she said extremely hurtful things, and I'm in a bad place right now. I just don't know what to do.
From experience, stop talking to her about HER drinking, stop trying to change her. If the situation is not tolerable for you then it’s time to take a break, time to reevaluate the relationship and what moving forward with an alcoholic will mean.

She used to love to tell people that she finally met the man of her dreams, nobody has ever treated her so good. etc.
That may be because she could drink as she pleased, nobody was trying to stop her. She continued to feed her addiction as it grew.

I'm just lost, i don't want to give up on her. I don't think i could honestly. But something has to happen.
Now that you had “the talk” and it did not go well, what are your thoughts on the “something has to happen”? In addition, does that “something” have to be with her changing in order for you to feel secure and happy?