Old 09-06-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by sugarangel View Post
Oh my gosh!! That is the cutest pic!! Airam is so tiny!!

How's Tasha taking to being her mama??
Yeah don't let her size fool ya! That tiny squirt goes wherever she wants to. She'll climb up Jethro's shirt onto the couch and then right up to the top of it. She'll look around and then come sliding down the back and jumps onto the floor to flap her little wings while hopping across the floor. She also chases after my feet/crocs and I've damned near stepped on her several times. Jethro's constantly saying: "WATCH IT!"

Tasha is in her ALL Momma mode now! Airam is her only concern at this point. The two eggs turned out to be duds!

Today when I checked Strawberry's one egg! Do you see what I see?

That's called piping! The little chick pecks at the shell until it makes a hole to breathe thru. We have a baby hatching! Woot! Woot! Jethro just about drove me crazy today wanting to peel the shell off of it. I kept telling him to LEAVE IT alone! A chick will eventually break free of the shell. I was so happy when he went to bed. LOL Then when I took Strawberry out to potty at 3:00 AM? I saw she had stepped on the egg! ACK! So I had to do some tedious surgery on the egg to help the baby. Now I wait for it to break free! I'll never get to bed at this rate. Mother Hen pacing the floor here!

TOD