Old 09-05-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
icandothis20

Originally Posted by Kateangel View Post
You can do this! I'm 30 and wish I had quit drinking earlier. I had a drinking problem since I first started drinking and it only kept getting worse. It's hard not having sober friends, I know. I get lonely sometimes too but it'll get better. SR is definitely a good place to start. What about your fiance? Does he drink too?
I definitely know it isn't going to get better. I like to have this little analogy that Alcoholism is like riding an elevator down. If you get off at one point, DO NOT go back on, as it aint going anywhere but down. I am trying to keep this in my thoughts. My Fiance does drink yes. He is a complete normal drinker and I have never seen him lose control. I have spoken to him frankly that maybe he wont be able to drink in front of me. I put myself into some situations that tested my sobriety very early on last time, hence why I called it white knuckling. I have gotten 6 months before, I will do it again. This time I will be much more careful the situations I put myself in. Although I do know there is always going to be another situation that calls me to drink. I also keep remembering that this wedding could be me blacking out and hating myself or me being a grown up and having my Fiance proud to marry me. I chose the second option.