Thread: No shame
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 10:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by Thomas59 View Post
Obladi thank you , at this time I am not actively attending AA anywhere .
I know some of the attendees very well and a good freind of the main organizer .
I have been to several out of town meetings in the past with these people , in fact we used to car share . My family aren,t embarrased i,m in AA (was in AA) but kind of hinted in the past that it might be better if I went outside of town . If my sobriety was threatened though I,d walk straight through the doors . I think they would want me too also rather than be the fool who picked up a drink for lack of doing so .
"Kind of hinted?" In my unsolicited opinion, I think you should ask them if they would have a problem with you going to that meeting. They may not at all and even if they do, you can still make your own decision about what's best for you. My recent and horrible adventures have taught me that keeping any contents of the toolbox out in the shed until sobriety is threatened leaves an opening for addiction to take over. That's just my take on it, of course.

Forgive me if I'm being too forward. I've just got this unrelenting passion in what is finally working for me and want to shout it from the mountaintops. Grandiosity, much?