Old 09-05-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Hi and welcome. I'm female too and understand. I wish I had quit at 26 ( I'm 43 now).

I always knew I had a problem and drank more/differently than others. Looking back I got up to so much bad/stupid/embarrassing stuff in my 20s and got away with it but by the time I got to my 30s life was passing me by and stuff that was funny/cute at 25 is just plain embarrassing by 35.

I lost friends, relationships, a good career stalled, respect, looks etc all because of my drinking.

You admit yourself there might not even be a wedding if your drinking continues. Is alcohol worth losing your future husband and your future over?

Trust me, it gets worse and worse. All my friends got married and had families and stopped drinking excessively and partying whereas mine just got progressively worse and I lost so much.

I know it's hard when everyone around you is drinking but it is possible to not drink and have a great life. I understand what you say about future weddings but there will always be an event/wedding/ christening/21st/engagement/ birthdayanniversary/any excuse to drink. Until you don't drink and you can enjoy these events sober.

maybe stick around SR and read and post and see how you feel