Thread: Am i to blame?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Usingthe12

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
No. No one can help the addict until they decide they want help. It sounds like maybe you haven't attended many al-anon meetings? Or maybe you haven't gotten to one that helps you to understand what is and is not in your control?

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but I remember well all of these feelings from when my dad was in recovery and I don't want you to have to go through the same thing. Energy spent on trying to figure someone else out or fix them is better spent looking inward to find and work on yourself. Not in regard to woulda coulda shoulda with her, but in regard to helping yourself to become the best person you can be. Just as yourself.
I just want a chance, ONE CHANCE, to have my family back together again. Whole. With alcohol not being a contributing factor. I'm going to al anon meetings and to therapy. I am trying to work on myself. To recover. Can you understand how I got cheated? How my daughter got cheated? We love this woman to death. She's a terrific mom and wife. When she's sober. Now that sobriety is a real possibility and given the time we all need to heal and recover, isn't it worth a try to have a healed family together again? I think it is.