View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
behindblueyes

Thank you for all the replies:

I have been volunteering extra hours at work. I find that as soon as my hands are idle, I want to drink. My mind has stopped nagging me as much about it because I just tell it no as soon as the thought creeps in.

Going back to church has helped a lot. The library is also filled with amazing books on sobriety. I am currently reading "Moments of Clarity" by Christopher Lawford but have 5 other books signed out.

There are a lot of "tests" that I have been dealing with. Things are not easy, but I find them easier to deal with now that I am sober. I listen to my neighbor thru the wall cracking beer after beer and yelling at his wife. This used to really hit a nerve. Now, I just ignore it or take my daughter outside for a long walk to get away from it. The old me would start drinking because he was "out to ruin my life" and so on. Just one example.

The best thing is waking up and feeling so much better. I can't believe I used to feel so awful when I woke up. I could barely move. My day was spent buying more alcohol, then waking up feeling horrible again. What a waste. I wonder how many people knew. I can now look at others at work and see their suffering. You can just 'tell' when someone is miserable or using.

Hope someone else can learn from my mistakes.
-BBE