View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Jezzi
Learning to Live

Good morning class! It seems like this weekend is going pretty well for us. Yay for that!

I've been having a really good weekend this far. On Friday my husband and I went to our ministry meeting that we started attending 3 weeks ago. It's so amazing being in the company of other recovering addicts who focus on God's word. I absolutely love it. Plus, it's a once a week opportunity for my husband and I to spend time together since we always have our kids as our main focus. It's very refreshing. That night once we got home, we stayed up late watching movies and laughing together. It was so great having a clear, sober mind to really enjoy the moment. I loved it.
Yesterday I went and visited my mom and aunt and we just hung out playing Mexican Train (dominoes) and chatted while the kids ran around playing. It was 112 out, so we swam and ate good food. It was a really fun time.

Today is a lazy Sunday. I'm going to watch Godfather for the first time (crazy right?) and then later this evening head to the evening service at church.

Life is good my friends! Sober is great!