Thread: Am i to blame?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 10:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by Usingthe12 View Post
Thanks. Very sound advice it's just really hard right now to step back and put everything into perspective. I know I'm being selfish. Some days are good. Some days are miserable. Its difficult because a month ago she's telling me she loves me and always will. Now, I can only hear her voice in my head as memories. Its just such a hard time right now. I write a lot. I cry. I clean. Lol. I just want to hear her tell me she loves me and still wants me.
Yes, you are being selfish. AA calls that egocentric in that the world revolves around us when it doesn't. It's a very common character trait. I'm sure you know that. I certainly have it in spades.

If she was drinking when she met you, she will most certainly change and that is likely to be a very good thing. For her. You both need time for recovery before you can start to figure out how you fit now.

All I did was sacrifice everything to support her before. Don't I deserve the chance to be happy again? I know, all I keep saying is "I" but I'm in pain. I just want her back.
Writing and cleaning and crying are all fine and good. What are you doing that makes you happy? Take this time to be selfish for you and to work on your recovery, not for trying to own or control or manipulate anyone else's relationship with you.